Are you nervous to go on a Lex because you don’t know what you’ll talk about? With the Lexody games (find them on your Lexody account here) and some good conversation starters, you can easily start speaking no matter what your level is! Here are some of our favorite topics to get you chatting in no time.
These topics are a great way to start the conversation.
- Where do you live?
- Why are you learning a language?
- How long have you been learning a language?
- How often do you get to practice speaking a language?
- Do you speak any other languages?
Everybody loves talking about their favorites!
- …tv show?
If the other Lexer is from a different country than you, this can be a particularly interesting topic.
- What was your best travel experience?
- Where is your favorite place you’ve ever visited?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Have you ever lived in another country?
- Would you rather visit a city or a wild area?
- Do you prefer to travel alone or in groups?
- What is your best travel advice?
Have you ever?
These types of questions allow you to learn more about your conversation partner and practice verb tenses.
- Have you ever been on TV?
- Have you ever sung in public?
- Have you ever fallen down in front of other people?
- Have you ever ridden a horse?
- Have you ever tried any extreme sports?
- Have you ever broken a bone?
- Have you ever met a celebrity?
- Have you ever slept in a tent?
Yum! Food is a fun topic that most people like and it’s a great way to build your practical vocab.
- What is your favorite meal?
- What is the best food to eat when you are sick?
- What is your favorite food that your family cooks?
- What is your favorite restaurant?
- Do you like healthy food or junk food better?
- Do you like to cook?
What are your favorite things to talk about on a Lex? Let us know in the comments below!